The Noroton Fire Department provides an array of fire-rescue services. In addition to the traditional fire department responsibilities of structural firefighting, Noroton responds to marine emergencies on Long Island sound, motor vehicle accidents, gas leaks, and numerous other types of emergencies.
Noroton consists of approximately 45 active volunteers and operates a fleet of six apparatus.
The Noroton Fire Department fleet consists of
- Chief: John Hessmer
- 1st Assistant Chief: Brendan Keane
- 2nd Assistant Chief: Jack Butcher
- Captain Trucks: Mike Sheehan
- Captain Engines: Bob Buch Jr.
- Captain Boats: Peter Sainz
- Engineer: Mike Vitti II
- Lieutenant Ladder 30: Paul Murray
- Lieutenant Engine 31: Tim Ward
- Lieutenant Engine 32: Keith Bennett
- Lieutenant Rescue 33: Frazier Herbert
- Lieutenant Marine 34: Jamie Hunter
- Superintendent of Alarms: Geoff Ball
- Assistant Engineer: Greg Saba
- President: Craig Ackerman
- Vice President: Bob Buch Sr.
- Treasurer: Doug Lawrence
- Financial Secretary: Greg Geraci
- Recording Secretary: Michael Burkhart